Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

The 90s Tag

I saw this tag on someone's blog recently and thought it would be really fun to do. I was born in 1991 so I'm a true 90s child...this makes me feel so old haha!

1.Favourite Disney film?
I loveeeed Disney princess films when I was a kid, but my all time favourite was Sleeping Beauty, it's still my favourite now. I was terrified of Malificent though and rather randomly, my mum somehow ended up getting me a huge cardboard cut out of her, her eyes even flashed red and I was terrified!

2.Favourite music artist?
It's got to be the Spice Girls, Baby Spice was my favourite and I remember watching Spice World over and over, singing along! I loved the Vengaboys and S Club 7 too.

3.Favourite candy/sweeties?
Ooh I'm not sure about this one because a lot of 90s sweets are still around now. I loved Wispa bars though and still do now, and my Dad would always give me and my sisters £1 to get a mix up on weekends, pretty exciting when you're 7!

4.Favourite game (board game, school game etc)
I loved board games growing up, and I still do now haha, I'm a sucker for Monopoly and Cluedo. My family would always play these around Christmas time and the competitiveness was terrible, cue the board being thrown! I wasn't really a fan of Playstation games etc, I preferred to go outside and make up an imaginary game haha, but I remember when The Sims first came out I was addicted, I'd spend whole days sitting in front of the computer building houses.

5.Favourite McDonald's Happy Meal toy?
Aww being taken to McDonald's on a Saturday was always the best treat, except for the time my Dad poured sugar all over our chips thinking it was salt! I used to love my Happy Meal toys but I can't really remember a lot of them other than the TY Beanie Babies which were cute, and some Disney princess figurines. 

6.Favourite book?
I love reading and always have from a young age. My favourite books were The Sleepover Club series; I was so excited when it came out as a TV show but it was slightly disappointing. I grew up with Harry Potter too, which are still some of my favourite books. I was ill in bed with chickenpox one day and my mum suggested I read Harry Potter, I literally couldn't put it down and I've been a huge fan since.

7.Favourite clothing store?
I don't remember there being a lot of choice when it came to clothing stores for kids in the 90s, but I do remember Tammy Girl. In hindsight I had the worst fashion sense, I don't know why my parents let me leave the house sometimes!

8.Favourite Nick Jr show?
I definitely didn't have Nick Jr back in the day, I don't even think I had Nickelodeon a lot of the time unless it was a trial month (those were truly exciting times haha!). I loved The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab though.

9.What would you watch when you got home from school?
Oh too many shows to remember to be honest! I loved Art Attack, Fingertips, As Told By Ginger, Sabrina, Saved By The Bell, The Amanda Show, Hey Arnold..the list goes on! Saturday night TV was the best though, we'd all gather round and watch Blind Date and then Stars In Their Eyes.

I loved doing this tag, it brought back so many memories! I always wonder how I managed without the internet as a kid but this goes to show it wasn't needed to have fun!

1 comment:

  1. This brought back so many memories for me too, I still watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch whenever I see it on TV!!
    Disney films are my absolute favourite but I didn't have a favourite per se until last year (Aristocats all the way!)
    Apparently when I was little I used to watch spice girls every day.....it's quite embarrassing now if I'm honest!
    Stars In Their Eyes used to be my favourite, we would always watch it and I was so upset when they stopped it!
    This has actually made me really happy to read as most of this is the same for me and it reminded me of things long forgotten!!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete