Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

My top three primers

For some reason, I absolutely love primers! Bit of a weird obsession to have, I know, but I just love the way they can transform my problem skin into flawless skin with virtually no pores within seconds. I don't like wearing a full face of make up, and only use foundation when I'm going on a night out or for a meal, so I love the weightless feel primers can give your skin, while still adding coverage. Here are my three favourites!

Revlon's Photoready Perfecting Primer is my all time favourite. I've heard some people say they find it hard to blend because the texture is so thick, but I don't find this at all. The texture is creamy and smooth, and it blends perfectly on my skin. It really smooths and mattifies my skin too, and it blurs away pores so they are literally invisible. I often wear this on its own as it just makes my skin look amazing but it's great as a base too!
I'd heard really great reviews about Nivea's Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer (what a mouthful!) so I was excited to give it a try. I picked it up from Boots when it was on offer for less than £3 which is an absolute bargain. It has the classic Nivea skincare scent and the texture is much lighter than the Revlon primer, quite like a gel. It smooths on really easily, and is perfect to use in place of a moisturiser because it really does keep your skin hydrated. It didn't seem to mattify my skin or hide any pores but it is light and refreshing to use when you want to keep your makeup simple. For the price I'd definitely repurchase this product, but I can't see that being any time soon as a little goes a long way!
Benefit's The Porefessional is another of my favourite primers. I got a sample size of this and have loved it ever since. I use it sparingly because I can't justify the hefty price tag at the moment but it's great to wear under your make up for a more formal occasion when you want your skin to look flawless. The consistency is pretty thick and you do have to work a bit harder to blend it, but the results are brilliant. I love the poreless look of my skin after using this!

What's your favourite primer? Have you tried any of these?

2 comments:

  1. I have the Benefit's The Porefessional primer and like it a lot. I have not tried the other two but they sound great!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it! Wish I could afford the full size haha! x

      Delete