Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

the do's and don'ts of uni - advice to my first year self

  1. Point one was going to be - don't go in to lessons still drunk, but let's face it, it's hilarious, especially when studying Drama. My friend Anth and I even thought of taking some vodka into Uni to liven things up - can you tell I'm serious about my studies? ;)
  2. Leading on from point one, seriously, don't go in drunk if you want to do well, but going in drunk is better than not going in at all - get out of bed and get to uni!!
  3. Don't flash your boobs to male uni friends on a drunken night out - especially if one of them has a girlfriend! Furthermore, don't wear that boob tube with your satin bra to uni a few weeks later. It will accidentally slip down in front of said guy with girlfriend (how unlucky!!), you will then be known as 'Topless', and that guys girlfriend will hate you even more.
  4. Don't even think about attempting to dance along to some fun Greek music on a night out. Kicking your legs up + heels + a wet wooden dancefloor = disaster.
  5. 50 minutes sleep before going into uni is not enough!! It may seem like a great idea at the time to have that tenth jagerbomb when you have a 9am start the next morning, but believe me, it's really not.
  6. Please try not to blow your whole loan on clothes and beauty products..there's still a loooong way to go before the next financial instalment and living off noodles until then is not as yummy as it sounds!
Any embarrassing stories from Uni? I feel so much more grown up being a second year muhahaha, although I am in the process of changing courses, watch this space ;) Sorry for the lack of posts recently, Zak and I moved in together about a week and a half ago, and don't have internet yet. It's getting installed on the 5th November which is just way too long to wait, arghhh. So I'm having a Sunday library sesh to ease my blogging withdrawl symptoms. Much love! x

2 comments: